We concern the holistic development of children and youth and particularly care for the disadvantaged and the neglected teenagers. We assist them to become happy, mature, responsible and contributive members of the society.
We adopt an integrative and a multi-level social work approach to meet our youth’s multifarious needs. We strive for :
- Enhancing the problem solving ability of young people.
- Developing the potential of young people and establishing positive direction for the growth of youth.
- Providing assistance for young people in disadvantaged circumstances and helping them to integrate into the society.
- Strengthening the connection among young people with their families, schools and society, so as to build up a strong supportive network.
- Advocating for the welfare of young people and creating an enabling environment for them.
Children and youth aged 4-24 and their families, who are living or studying in Kwun Tong district.
Service Content and Approach
We provide a wide range of centre-based activities and reaching out programmes to schools and the community. Our services included individual counseling, groups and activities, interest classes, community education activities and programmes for development of social responsibility and compentence.
- Providing individual counseling/enquiry services to children, youth and parents in need.
- Organizing different nature of groups, programs and interest classes (e.g. Uniform group, artistic classes, etc) for children and youth, so as to develop their potentials and interests.
- To identify, establish direct contact and provide guidance services for young people who are vulnerable to undesirable influence by reaching out the places where they frequently wander.
- Promoting participation and concern for the society among youth through community programs.
- Organizing regular volunteer services for young people and parents, to foster their sense of caring others as well as the society.
- To provide individual and group work services for ethnic minority children, youth and parents, aimed at facilitating them to integrate in the community, enhance their social network as well as available resources which enable them to cope with the difficulties and challenges in their living.
- Liaison with business sector and link up community resources , to provide more opportunities and resources to our service targets.
- To provide tailor-made services for primary and secondary schools in Kwun Tong district.
- To provide stationing school social work service (School Social Workers’ stationing time: Every Tuesday to Friday, 9:00a.m. to 5:00p.m., except school holidays) in :
- Delia Memorial School (Hip Wo)
- Delia Memorial School (Matteo Ricci)
- ECF Saint Too Canaan College
- United Christian College (Kowloon East)
4 - 24
4 or above
| * At least one of the family members is aged 4 - 24
* The applicants must be the lineal relatives of the family
- Free membership will be given to applicants who have financial difficulties.
- Members are entitled to enroll our programmes with a concessionary rate.
- Applicants can go to one of the Happy Teens Clubs to process the application.
- Applicants can opt for membership of other Happy Teens Clubs at the same time without extra fee.
Entry to Service
- Those who want to enroll our programmes should fill in application form and pay the programme fee (whenever applicable). For most of the programmes, the selection of participants are based on a first-come-first-served basis.
- For some of the programmes, participants may need to go through selection interviews or procedures. Selection criteria would be stated in publicity materials.
Exit from Service
Membership will be expired one year after registration. Members who do not renew their membership on or before expiration will be considered exiting the service voluntarily. Those who would like to withdraw their membership before the expiry date could send written application to our service units. Membership fee is not refundable.
Groups and Programmes :
Those who would like to withdraw from enrolled programmes could verbally inform our duty officer. We shall approve the application immediately and an administrative fee will be charged. (Details please refer to “Notice of Programme Enrollment”) If required, we may make referrals for those in need of services.
Individual Counselling :
Those who would like to withdraw from the counselling service could send their applications to our service unit in either verbal or written format. Besides, our service unit reserve a right of terminating the counselling service.
Shun Lee Estate, Shun Chi Court, Shun Lee Disciplined Services Quarters, On Tat Estate and On Tai Estate (forecast completion in 2017)
|Time / Day||Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday||Friday||Saturday||Sunday|
|10:00-13:00||Office Hours||Office Hours||Office Hours||Office Hours||Office Hours||Opening Hours||Closed|
|14:00-18:00||Opening Hours||Opening Hours||Opening Hours||Opening Hours||Opening Hours||Opening Hours||Opening Hours|
|1900 - 2200||Closed||Opening Hours||Opening Hours||Opening Hours||Opening Hours||Closed||Closed|
|Office Hours (not open for public, telephone enquiries only)|
The opening hours may be changed without prior notice.
* Close on Public Holiday
- 2/F., Lee Hong House, Shun Lee Estate,
Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- +852 2342 6156
- +852 2790 8955
- Unit 107, Shun Lee Community Centre,
No.2 Shun Chi Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Inquiries and Comments
For any inquiries and comment on the above arrangements, please feel free to tell us on 23426156 or come to our team directly during opening sessions.