About Family Ties…
In a family there are many "ties" holding the members together:
The ties between couples, between parents and children, between siblings, love, gratitude and many more.
It is our aspiration to strengthen these family ties, so that families are more intimate, more secure, and more united, in facing challenges of life transitions and changes of the environment.
Besides the ties within a family, it is also our vision to connect the ties among different families and community resources, in co-building a better and stronger community. Family Grows with your love and care.
You are welcome to join the Family Ties to co-create a mutually helping and supportive environment for our families to grow healthily.
Family Ties Integrated Family Service Centre has been established since 2011. With the directions of Child-centred, Family-focused, and Community-based, our Centre aims at providing one-stop and a continuum of preventive, supportive, and remedial services, as well as promoting mutual support network in the community.
- To promote the awareness of the needy families to seek help early
- To enhance problem-solving capacity of the families in disadvantaged circumstances
- To promote family culture characterized with love and mutual respect
- To connect families, neighborhood and community so as to develop support and resource networks
- To promote caring social environment and family-friendly policy for families through collaborating with the stakeholders in the community
If you have these concerns...
- Personal growth
- Stress management
- Mental health
- Dating and courtship
- Marital relationship
- Family relationship
- Other relationship difficulties
- Adjustment to changes in life
- Children's behaviors and emotions
- Job stress and difficulties
- Housing and financial difficulties
- Counseling (Individual and Family Cases)
- Family Aide
- Groups (Developmental, Supportive, and Therapeutic)
- Family Life Education
- Visit and Outreaching
- In-school Service
- Volunteer Training and Service
- Service for Special Clientele (eg. New Arrival Families, Ethnic Minority Families, Single Parent Families etc.)
- Referral Service
- Parent-child, Couple, and Family Enhancement Activities
- Recreational Activities
- Family Resources Corner
- Clinical Psychological Service
- Casework service
- Free of charge
- Program fee
Our team consists of several registered social workers and program staff.
Applicants for counseling service can contact our social worker on duty for enquiry and registration. We also accept referrals from other agencies.
For program enrollment, applicants can come to our centre or mail application form with crossed cheque attached.
Counseling service will be terminated when the agreed service plan is achieved or proper service referral is arranged. Service users can also approach the social worker for service termination.
If service users want to withdraw from programs, they can contact our staff for arrangement.
|9:00 am- 1:00 pm||Open||Open||Open||Open||Open||Open|
|2:00 pm- 5:30 pm||Open||Open||Open||Open||Open||Open|
|5:30 pm- 9:00 pm||Close||Open||Close||Close||Open||Close|
|Closed on Sundays and Public Holiday|
Targets and Service Boundary
Shamshuipo residents (North of Pratas Street, South of Wai Chi Street & Tai Po Road, North of Cheung Sha Wan Road)
- Rm 219-235, Block 23, Shek Kip Mei Estate, Sham Shui Po, Kowloon
- +852 3994 2828
- +852 3563 5430