Cheung Fat Home for the Elderly is the only elderly home with care & attention unit located in public estate at Tsing Yi since 1991. There are totally 125 places in our elderly home with 50 places in care & attention section and 75 places in meal section. It is subvented by the Government.
- to provide accommodation and proper care to the needy elders;
- to develop their potential and enhance their participation in the community;
- to build up a harmonious relationship with others, and enjoy group living.
Our elderly home has two floors with 24 resident rooms. Each room is installed with emergency call bell, fans, radiators, and basic equipments. Besides, other facilities like washrooms, conference room, dinning room, exercise room, common room and public telephones are also provided for residents to use.
- Aged 60 or above.
- Simple care for daily living is needed.
- Without any infectious disease.
- Without family members or family members are unable to provide cares needed.
- Willing to and suitable for group living.
Care & Attention
- 65 years of age or over (Persons aged between 60 and 64 can apply if there is a proven need for residential care based on health and / or so grounds);
- in poor health or suffering from functional disabilities to the extent that assistance in personal care and daily living activities is necessary ;
- able to move around with a walking aid or in a wheelchair;
- without family members to provide the necessary assistance, or causing great stress to the family;
- mentally suitable for communal living.
Application & Fee Charge
- All application must be assessed by the Standardized Care Need Assessment Mechanism for Elderly Services of Social Welfare Department (SWD) and verified suitable for admission by our agency.
- Monthly fee charges are stipulated by SWD and are subjected to change according to the standard of Comprehensive Social Security Assistant.
(Remarks: with effect from 1.1.2003, Social Welfare Department have ceased to accept new application for the service of Home for the Aged. Elders in need can approach social worker for detailed information).
- Health Service
- Our elderly home provides regular health check, such as measurement of blood pressure, body weight and glucose. We also provide health consultation and organize health talks for our residents regularly.
- Group Activities
- Our elderly home organizes various group activities which are beneficial to the residents, such as interest groups, birthday parties, learning class, exercise groups and volunteer groups in order to maximize their potential to the fullest and to keep in touch with the society.
- Counseling Service
- Our social workers provides counseling service to our residents for the purpose of enhancing their ability of problem solving and adapting living in the elderly home.
- Personal Care
- Our elderly home provides personal care to residents in need, such as bathing, dressing, rehabilitative exercise and escort service, etc.
- Laundry Service
- Our elderly home provides laundry service, such as cleaning bedding and washing clothes for our residents.
- Meal Service
- Our elderly home provides three meals each day, including breakfast, lunch and dinner. In addition, our residents of Care & Attention Section can enjoy tea time every day. Besides, Nurse is responsible for arranging the daily menu in order to achieve a balanced diet.
- G/F., & 1/F., Leung Fat House, Cheung Fat Estate,
Tsing Yi, N.T., Hong Kong
- +852 2434 0143
- +852 2434 7337