Service Mission and Objectives
The Centre is dedicated to provide centre-based care and support day services for the frail elderly. By adopting the principles of "continuum care", "community care" and "client-centred", we aim at enabling the frail elderly to maintain an optimal level of functioning and to improve their quality of life. Besides, the Centre also provides support to carers which serve to enhance their confidence and ability on the one hand and to help them to relieve their stress on the other hand.
Scope of Care and Services
- Personal care
- e.g. bathing and laundry, etc.
- Nursing Care
- Nurses will provide basic and special nursing care, including health consultations, regular health checks and health talks, etc.
- Restorative and Maintenance Rehabilitation Exercises
- The occupational therapist will instruct service users to do appropriate exercises.
- Counselling Service
- Social worker will provide emotional support and referral services to service users as well as their carers.
- Social and Developmental Activities/Groups
- Different kinds of activities and groups will be organized to develop potentials of the service users
- Carer Support Service
- Different kinds of supportive activities will also be provided to enhance carers’ confidence and abilities.
- Transportation Service
- The Centre uses rehabuses to enable service users to travel from the pick-up spots to the centre and vice versa.
- Meal Services
- The centre provides balanced meals for service users. Special diets will be given according to service users' health condition.
- Day Respite Service
- Day respite service will be provided so that carers can take a break and relieve their stress.
- Volunteer Network Service
- Service users and their family members will be matched with volunteers so as to enhance their supportive network.
- Extended Hours Service
- the centre provide extended hours service for needy service users from 7:30am to 8:00am and from 6:00pm to 6:30pm from Mondays to Saturdays.
Target Service Users
People living in Kwun Tong district or Shamshuipo district with the following characteristics:
- aged 60 or above;
- being disabled and frail to the extent that they are in need of personal care and nursing care;
- the family members of the service users are unable to provide full-time care to the service user.
- used to be in a group, no aggressive or violent behaviour;
- has been assessed by the Standardized Care Need Assessment Mechanism for the Elderly Service.
Model of Service Delivery
- Full-time Service:
- for service users who attend the centre 4 days or above within one week
- Part-time Service:
- for service users who attend the centre less than 4 days within one week
|Pass the medical check-up|
Service users have to inform the Responsible Worker orally or in writing at least one month before the withdrawal.
Appreciations and Complaints
Appreciations and complaints are welcome through telephone, personal interviews or letters to the following persons:
- Chief Supervisor
- General Manager ( Elderly Core Business)
- Deputy Director
Fees will be charged according to the guidelines set by the Social Welfare Department.
Monday to Saturday 8:00a.m. - 6:00p.m., Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays
Extended Service Hours
Monday to Saturday 7:30a.m. - 8:00a.m. and 6:00p.m. - 6:30p.m.
* Users who would like to have extended service hours may contact staff members for arrangement.
Chin Wah Day Care Centre for the Elderly
- Address :
- 3/F Chin Wah House, Lok Wah (South)
Ngau Tau Kok, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- +852 2305 1805
- Fax :
- +852 2305 9987
Sham Shui Po Day Care Centre for the Elderly
- Address :
- Room 201, Un Him House,
Un Chau Estate,
Sham Shui Po, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- +852 2708 1676
- Fax :
- +852 2708 4429
- Service users or their carers can apply either by phone or come to our centre to register within our office hour. Besides, referrals from Social Service Organizations or other medical institutions are also accepted.
- The application should best be submitted 3 days before the service starts.
- Service users have to inform the Centre-in-charge orally or in writing at least one day before the withdrawal.
|Miscellaneous||(Monthly)||$100 (For service users who attend the centre 4 days or above within one week)|
|(Monthly)||$50 (For service users who attend the centre 1-3 days within one week)|
Remark: Daily Fee will be charged even an half day service is used.