According to the statistical data of 2001 Census, there
are about 7,000 South Asian youth living in Hong Kong.
Constituting a relatively small population portion,
special needs of South Asian youth have been always
Dedicating to serve the South Asians in Hong Kong,
we started a project named, “Project SAY-PRO” (“SAY”
stands for “South Asian Youth” and “ PRO” stands for
“Prospect”) which is funded by the Youth Sustainable
Development and Engagement Fund in May 2005. The Project
aims at achieving the following objectives:
- To strengthen the work skills and motivation of
South Asian youth.
- To enhance their aspiration and confidence in employment.
- To enhance self-esteem and self-efficacy of South
Project SAY-PRO aims at serving aged 17-24 South Asian
youth who are either unemployed or disengaged from school
system. The project includes three main areas of content:
- Personal Training in:
Specific Job Skills Training in:
- Self assertiveness
- Effective interpersonal communication
- Coping skills in aversive situations
- Conflict resolution
- Leadership and cooperation
- Exploring work orientation and self goals
2 months job attachment training in:
- Customer service
- Restaurant practice and kitchen training
- Selling and promotion skills
- Computer skills
- First aid
- Fashion and retail
- Property management
- Social service
- With cash allowance for job placement, $3000 per
in person, by phone, fax or email are all welcomed.
We also welcome school teachers and social workers to
refer young people in joining the Project.
For enrolment and enquiry, please contact Mr. Fung
Cheuk Kei, our Project Leader at 2342 6156.
||2/F., Lee Hong House, Shun Lee Estate,
Kwun Tong, Kowloon, HKSAR, China.
Let’s Join Hands in
Building an Integrative Society!